What is Cliradex?
Cliradex is a naturally effective method to clean the lashes, eyelids, and face. It is preservative-free and mainly consists of water and 4-Terpineol, which is a constituent of Melaleuca alternifolia, a type of tea tree oil. The rest of the ingredients, which constitute less than 1%, are Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Carbomer, and Triethanolamine. It is naturally antiseptic, antimicrobial, and antifungal. Cliradex is a two-part cleansing system that includes an eyelash scrub and skin cream.
When to use Cliradex?
The doctor may recommend Cliradex if you have eye conditions such as blepharitis, ocular rosacea, dry eye, and conjunctivitis. Also, cases of Demodex mites are treated using Cliradex as well. The cleansing eyelash scrub removes the mites out of deep skin and directly kills them. The cleansing cream prevents the mites from mating.
How to use Cliradex?
- Step 1: Wash your hands before opening the package
- Step 2: Remove and unfold towelette from package
- Step 3: Close your eyes shut and begin to gently move the towelette across the eyelid and surrounding areas with a side-to-side motion.
- Step 4: Repeat cleansing method with other eye
When using Cliradex, a cooling sensation may be experienced and should subside within a few minutes. Avoid getting Cliradex inside the eyes, as it will cause stinging. Rinse with water or saline if this occurs.
Things to do in addition to Cliradex usage:
- Discared old face make-up
- Wash hair, face, nostrils, ear, and neck with soap daily
- Wash bed sheets, blankets, and pillowcases in hot water and put in the dryer on high heat immediately. Do this right before starting use of Cliradex, and once a week after.
- Keep pets away from sleeping areas
Following these steps on top of using Cliradex will ensure best results.